April 28, 2009

Déjà vu

A Youth Group

In a suburb of Buffalo, New York, I was a regular attendee in “my” youth group. I was an almost typical teenager, with just a few quirks. Scotchtown, New York“My” youth group was traveling to a church in a small town just outside the city. I had just learned that the town was there and had a name. I did not know of it until then, nor did I ever visit the town.

When I entered the church, I felt as if I had been there before. It was an eerie feeling that I could not explain. How is it possible, that I knew so much about a building that I had never been inside before? That I had not even seen? Everything inside looked strangely familiar to me. I knew every detail as if I was raised there.

At one point in the evening, I had to use the boys room. I did not need to ask directions. I got up, and headed right where it was. Not one single person showed me where it was. Not one single person had headed there before.

No comments:

Post a Comment